Wednesday, October 5, 2016

considering conformity

On of the topics that we talked about the conformity, was the Milgram experiment. In that experiment, the people had no idea they were going to be filmed they were sposed to shock the actor when he got the wrong answer. They did initially get shocked to see what it felt like. 10% of them did not continue after they knew the actor was in serious pain, but the other 90% kept going and stopped when the actor had stopped screaming for them to quit the shock. One of the roles of a participant was complaining that there was no higher level than 450 which is lethal. They did this only because the man conducting the experiment was encouraging them not to stop the experiment telling them that they needed the results of the experiment. Conformity is very prevalent in this society when a magazine publishes models they are all photoshop, in fact, there are only 5% of women that have the ideal body type that is released in the media. So many girls who want to be like them to conform to what society wants them to be. Young girls ages 8-15 get eating disorders trying to conform to expectations.

1 comment:

  1. This was beautifully played out and I loved the message you gave.

    ReplyDelete